Selecting A Labiaplasty Surgeon
So you’ve finally decided to get the labiaplasty or vaginoplasty procedure you’ve been thinking about for some time. The only thing to do now… is to find the right surgeon who can assure you’ll receive the best success without any problems.
To begin, it’s EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to realize that not all surgeons perform labiaplasty or vaginoplasty. The fact is… very few perform this procedure on A REGULAR BASIS.
True, many surgeons will say they perform labiaplasty. Many will even say they do them regularly. But, the key is to find someone fully qualified, that performs the procedure AT LEAST 4-5 TIMES PER MONTH. That means, the surgeon you choose, should average approximately one every week.
Some of the surgeons on labiaplastysurgeon.com commonly perform 4-5 procedures PER WEEK! True, doing more procedures isn’t the only measure of a surgeon’s skills. But, it is one to consider, because as with most things, the more times someone does something… generally, they become better at it, and more importantly, they develop specialized skill sets in achieving the aesthetic look you’d desire. Lastly, it’s important to realize that labiaplasty, in particular, involves tissue removal. It’s a sculpting process. One thing that’s very important is to make sure the surgeon you select realizes the importance of this aspect of the surgery. Simply stated, once you remove tissue, IT’S PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO REPLACE IT. If the surgeon removes too much tissue, you can be left with abnormally small labia, and that can leave you with a condition that was worse than when you started.
Here are some questions you should ask your potential surgeon before making a decision on using their services:
- How many labiaplasty or vaginoplasty procedures has the surgeon performed in the last month? How many in the last year?
- How many labiaplasty/vaginoplasty procedures has the surgeon performed in total?
- Have they ever had any reported infections or complications in the last year?
- Is the surgeon board certified in either Gynecology, or Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery? Is their facility State Certified?
- Does the surgeon have any method of showing you, digitally recreated, what your realistic expectations should be?
- Can your surgeon show you a good selection of pre and post operative photographs… AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, can they explain the pre-operative problem and show you the post-operative solution they employed?
MOST IMPORTANT, NEVER SELECT A SURGEON BASED ON PRICE, OR LOCATION. You’ll usually only get one chance to get the surgery you intend on having done right. Make sure you pick the right surgeon the first time! Excess tissue removal CAN’T be replaced!